By Sharon S. Atkins
The P.E.O. Founders’ Scrapbook, jam-packed with ephemera equivalent to letters, images, newspaper and magazine articles or even a track ranking, permits the reader to peek into the lives of the seven founders of P.E.O.: Mary Allen, Alice chook, Hattie Briggs, Alice Coffin, Suela Pearson, Franc Roads and Ella Stewart in addition to their descendants and relations.
Encounter what their existence used to be like earlier than, in the course of and after the formation of The P.E.O. Sisterhood. notice the effect their lives had upon their households, the groups the place they lived and the realm round them.
Explore, in a fashion by no means prior to provided, how those girls exemplified the “pioneering spirit” in their era.
Follow the adventures within the P.E.O. Founders’ Scrapbook to discover the solutions to those questions:
• Which founder has ancestors nonetheless deeply concerned with Iowa Wesleyan?
• Which one used to be published from her educating place after decades with a faculty district?
• Which one wrote lyrics to a song?
• Who had kinfolk connections to the Underground Railway?
• Whose husband ran a crusade vying for the place of work of Governor of Iowa?
• Which founder’s young children have been raised via an uncle and aunt?
• Whose identify could have been “misspelled’ for years?
Author Sharon S. Atkins has compiled the authoritative consultant to the lives of the founders of P.E.O. together with lifestyles occasion timelines, genealogy charts, and resource citations for the family tree examine all in favour of developing The P.E.O. Founders’ Scrapbook.